As promised during the Apple Let’s Rock Keynote. The iPhone 2.1 Software Update was made available yesterday.
iPhone 2.1 Software New Features
- option to wipe data after ten failed passcode attempts
- Genius playlist creation
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- decrease in call set-up failures and call drops
- significantly improved battery life for most users
- dramatically reduced time to back-up to iTunes
- improved email reliability, notably fetching email from POP and Exchange accounts
- faster installation of 3rd party applications
- fixed bugs causing hangs and crashes if you have lots of 3rd party applications
- improved performance in text messaging
- faster loading and searching of contacts
- improved accuracy of the 3G signal strength display
- repeat alert up to twp additional times for incoming text messages
The first time I tried installing the update I got a major kernel panic, and the black screen wipe of death. Possibly unrelated, but I haven’t had one of those for a long time.